Hazelnut and herb quiche with spring onions
- Process 120 g hazelnuts in the blender jug for 10 seconds/speed setting 10. Weigh out 70 g of the chopped nuts and set aside for later.
- Put 50 g hazelnuts, the butter, flour, egg and salt in the blender jug and work it into a smooth dough for 2 minutes/knead button. Roll it into a ball, wrap it in cling film, and chill it in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 °C. Grease the quiche tin with butter. Roll the dough out on a floured work surface and line the baking tin with it. Prick the dough base several times with a fork and bake it blind on the middle oven shelf for about 10 minutes. Remove the tin from the oven, leave to cool, and reduce the oven temperature to 180 °C.
- For the filling: wash, dry and trim the spring onions. Heat the clarified butter in a frying pan until very hot and sear the spring onions all over. Remove from the hob.
- Grate the mozzarella. Wash the herbs, shake dry, and strip off the leaves. Process in the blender jug for 3 seconds/turbo button. Use the spatula to scrape them down from the sides of the blender jug. Insert the mixer attachment. Put the sour cream, eggs, salt and pepper into the blender jug and beat for 1 minute/speed setting 4. Remove the mixer attachment, add the mozzarella to the creamy egg mixture, and process for 45 seconds/speed setting 4. Arrange the spring onions on the pastry base, and pour in the creamy filling. Sprinkle the hazelnuts on top. Bake on the middle oven shelf for about 45 minutes.
Bon appétit with Monsieur CuisineClose